Thursday, September 17, 2009

Plantar Issue

I read that if you take 6 weeks off from running, you can heal your plantar fasciitis issue. If you continue to run on it, it will take 6 months. It's been 6 months of running and treating it with ice/heat, massage, new shoes, looser laces, etc. It worked!!! I have almost no pain in my arch or heal. I do feel some soreness in my leg, but I'm sure it's all related. But I'm pretty happy to have it going away. It's funny but it really started feeling better after the Asheville half. I expected it to be worse as hills are what you're supposed to avoid when suffering this particular injury. But two days after the race I ran my best four mile run in a long time. I felt great!

I'm really thinking about a Spring marathon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is liberating to come out of an injury as frustrating as PF. I had it one time and thought I'd lose my mind. You're super lucky it only lasted a "short" time. You should try the Shamrock Marathon in VA Beach. Helped time it in 2007. Seems like a fun race ending along the beach with a huge beer tent and live music on the beach.

Audra said...

I may look into that. I'm doing the Vegas Rock 'n Roll half in December and plan to visit Zion while I'm out there. Can't wait!