Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Goals!

So, very few times in my life have I set New Year's Resolutions. This year, I set very realistic resolutions - I hope! There is one that is beyond my control and one that is possibly a physical stretch and one that is possibly a fiscal stretch.

My first resolution is to 'stick to a budget.' I'm good at creating a budget. The first issue with this one is that it might be tough to accomplish the other goals.

My next resolution is to read 10 books. This could be easy if I pick children's books. My issue here is time. I don't have much. But in making this goal I'm hoping to break the terrible habit I've gotten into of watching too much TV. And TV sucks, so I'm not sure why I do it.

My next resolution is to sell my condo. This is completely up to the real estate gods. I would love to get out of this one and into a cute little house closer to town, my activities and my bf.

My next resolution (I think we're halfway done) is to visit the Evening Muse at least six times this year. Now, the Muse is great and not very expensive. I love the shows, but haven't been going as much lately and want to get back into it.

My next resolution is to attend at least two plays this year. It's important to stay culturally active. I hope that one with the muppets comes back to town. That was funny! I did see that 'Wicked' is coming back to Charlotte in the Spring. I've read the book and really want to see the play. I've heard great things.

My last resolution is to run two marathons this year. This is possibly physically impossible. I'll see how the first one goes. Avenue of the Giants in Eureka, CA, May 2nd.

See how that first one will get broken?

No comments: