Monday, April 5, 2010

Update

Still sick with a sinus infection/walking pneumonia, something like that. Getting better but no eta on a return to running. To date, I've missed 7 training runs including the first 20 miler. If I can't do my 20 miler scheduled for this weekend, I'll have to drop to the half marathon instead of the marathon.

Lesson learned: No more Spring marathons.

Good news is that I did book a hotel the night before the marathon and I'm working on a room in Sonoma. Not easy to find a cheap room out there!

I did get my packet from the Boston Marathon association with my 5K number in it. Very excited about this race. I love 5Ks! I can't wait to get to Boston and run the course. The course runs around the Public Gardens and Boston Common. It finishes at the finish line for the Boston marathon. I'll need to get in some extra miles that day and I'd love to run near the Charles River. Later we're attending a Boston Red Sox game.

Another update: Vibram 5 Fingers. I actually set out (with inhaler in hand) to walk a 4 mile loop on Saturday morning in my Vibram 5 Fingers. Calves still hurt today. I really believe these 'shoes' work muscles nothing else seems to find. I also ended up with several blisters to I'll be investing in the socks for them before I use them again.

Keeping fingers crossed that I can get in 4-6 miles on Wednesday. S-L-O-W miles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Boston. You should meet up with Patrick.

Audra said...

Probably won't have time. I may get to see Ellen for a little while after the marathon, though. It just seems like it will be a bit of a whirlwind trip!

footfeathers said...

Tell her hi and that I still think she's hot.

Audra said...

LOL! Ok. Love the new blog btw!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Send me a couple photos of yourself or ones you like and I'll put together a nice header for yours.

Unless, you want me to use photos I have from early 2004..."Audra, the novice runner..."

Audra said...

Oh no! No photos. But thanks anyway!