Monday, April 27, 2009

Last Run for Pig

So I ran my last run this weekend for training for the marathon. I plotted a tough course, I think I was still dreaming of hills. I forgot to drink some tea before the run. I'd been testing the effect of caffeine on my run. The good news is that I did prove that caffeine was not the source of my side stitches. So yay! The bad news is it sort of proved that caffeine doesn't have as much effect on my performance.

The problem with walking instead of running during the week is that I'm out of practice for preparing for a run. It's funny how fast that happens! I started my run an hour later deciding to take advantage of the shorter distance and sleep in. It was not a good decision. It was a very hot weekend. Unfortunately I didn't plan enough water stops and ran the last 4 without a water stop. It was tough, but I only walked a couple of times and it was more out of boredom than necessity. My foot injury seems to have taken a back seat to a serious knot in my calf on the opposite leg. The post run massage seemed to help it, but I see many ice baths in my future.

So the plan for the week is to continue walking instead of running and at some point form a good plan for the race. I still haven't looked up the weather. I'm a bit nervouse about that!

No comments: