Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Don't Have a Title

So still injured, but it is feeling a lot better. I've completely stopped wearing my Asics and it's making a huge difference. I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to try the Graston technique. I read and heard that it's painful. Oh joy.

I'm staying optimistic and part of that optimism is planning and running races. This weekend I'm running my first ever 4.9K. It's at my Alma Mater and I'm looking forward to seeing the campus again. It's been a couple of years since I've run a race there and seen it. After that I plan to run the Turkey Trot 8K on Thanksgiving, a half in Charleston in January and the Uwharrie 8 Miler in February. Sometime after February I'd like to find a marathon to do.

Other than running I have been staying pretty busy lately. I went to 3 concerts last week. OAR, Blues Traveler and Pat McGee. I had never seen OAR before and was impressed. We had fun even though we had to stand outside at the NC Music Factory Amphitheatre in the cold rain. It was in the 50s, which isn't bad if you're running, but not when you're standing in the rain. The concert was good and the crowd was really into it. The next night we saw Blues Traveler. This was inside at the new Fillmore theatre downtown. I love this place. It's an old warehouse that has been converted. The acoustics are great. The decor reminds me of clubs in Charlotte in the 80s. Red velvet drapes, chandeliers, etc. The next night was Pat McGee at the Visulite Theatre. This was my 5th timing seeing Pat and it was by far the best. He had a full band on stage and they cut up and seem to really enjoy playing. I ended up staying until close to 1 am.

I have a couple more concerts next week and a halloween run planned. It's going to be a great week! I'm already tired thinking about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Graston is painful. Talk to me about strengthening your feet after you're healed up.

2. OAR is an incredible band. Very positive, energy-filled, positive music.

3. Read Born To Run. You'll like it.

Did you read Christopher Moore's LAMB yet? Funny, as usual.

Audra said...

Yes, I read Lamb. Funny you should mention it I was just thinking of it the other day. It was hilarious. I'm reading Chi Running and Where Men Win Glory about Pat Tillman. I'll put Born to Run on my reading list.

I know that Graston is painful, but I got to do something and hear this is a long term fix. Dreading the appointment. It's today at 4.