Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 New Year, New Plans...or just old plans implemented

54 Runners showed up to run the meetup run last night. It was so exciting! I went around and got everyone's name. We had a lot of new people. I know it's just New Year's Resolutioners, but it's still exciting. Potentially there could be more people who come each run. There potentially could be more people at the theme runs. The new year is full of potential! And in 12 months we'll be looking forward to it being over.

Currently my running has been about average. Some runs are good, some are bad, but none have been extremely good. I have enjoyed running with two new members who've come out to the last few runs. I'm not sure what it is. It could be the couple of extra pounds from the holidays weighing me down. It could be all the rain has the mold count up and my allergies are kicking! I keep losing my voice, so that could be hindering my run. I just hope I figure it out soon!

So I've decided to run the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May. I'm really looking forward to it, because I've heard really great things. It also counts as two states because it starts in Ohio and dips into Kentucky. Yay! I'm not doing 50 Marathons in 50 States, I'm doing a race in each state. Any distance counts. My goal, my rules. So I have two weeks before I have to start training.

What to do with myself for two weeks?! Ah yes, the condo. I could paint my small spare bathroom in the meantime. The problem is that I'd really like to remove the shower doors first. They are so hideous! And then wth do I do with them? Ok, one problem at a time. See the shower doors need to be removed so that I can get a shower curtain. Then I can match the paint to the curtain. I know I want orange. I know I want a shower curtain with orange gerber daisies. Do I have this curtain? No. Have I ever seen one? Nope. But I'm sure it exists! So I guess the next step is to remove the shower doors. This should be fun! I'll keep you posted.

Back to the training plan. In addition to running, I've started swimming longer. I go 2-3 times a week and my goal is 25 mins of swimming, 5 mins running in pool, 5 mins side steps, and 5 mins kickboard. I'm hoping this builds strength in addition to my lifting. Additionally I really need to work on hills. I'm still losing speed on the hills. And Cincy is apparently hilly. Lovely. I usually plot my routes to avoid hills, but will have to change that this go around.

So I just did some googling about the shower doors. One site said, it's a hard job and that I should be prepared to refinish the whole tub. Another site had a bunch of DIYers report that it's ez-peezy. I'm going to go with the site that says it's easy. Mostly because they mention that there is such a thing as caulk remover and a patch for the screw holes. Yay! I'll check the home improvement stores this weekend. Not sure how this fits with my current yen to set and stick to a budget. Ugh!

No comments: