Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Savannah

So obviously, I lost the costume contest. The competition was tough and none of the winners were in holiday gear.

I went as a Christmas tree. I wore a gold tree skirt around my waist, a green sweatshirt that i added ornaments and garland to and glued a crystal angel to the hood. It was hideous, but festive. Many others had my idea. There were two ladies dressed as trees. They wore red tree skirts, green turtlenecks with working lights attached to them. They had on green stockings, brown leg warmers and little packages twist-tied onto their shoes. Then they had yellow headbands with stars on them. Not a last minute job. There were of course Santa clauses and the normal super heroes as well. Three little boys came as gas pumps (Enmark Gas Stations is the big sponsor, way to suck up). They painted their torsos; one yellow, one silver, one gold and in black wrote their octane number.

But the winners...Third place went to a couple who came as turtles. They had shells and everything. Second place was the cutest little girl you ever saw. She was a sandwhich. She had two very large pieces of foam (about as tall as her and 6 times wider) that were brown for the bread, she used construction paper to make lettuce, tomato, etc. And on her head was a pickle slice with something that looked like a toothpick with plastic tassles on the end. Very well done. First place was a woman that came as a pink ribbon. It was a big black foam thing with a pink ribbon painted on.

Other than not winning, I did enjoy the race. I ran the first half with my friend Amy, but despite being really freakin hot in my sweatshirt (I think the temp was in the 60's), I got a second wind on the bridge coming back and took off. I still finished under and hour, which wasn't the best or worst I've done at this race.

Savannah at Christmas is gorgeous and fun! We enjoyed eating out at some of the restaurants and of course walking with our beer. We found a couple of sports bars and caught the big bama-gator game. And relaxed. Awesome weekend!

No comments: