Friday, May 22, 2009

The B*tch is Back!

Cleo has returned! Uneventfully Wednesday night she showed up at the back door and cried to come in. She's a bit skinnier than she was when she left, but appears to be in good health. She's her old self again and I'm happy to have her home.

My trail run Tuesday night turned out to be a 4.5 mile run through the neighborhood. I just didn't feel like driving to run by myself. However, I've talked the Tuesday night trail run organizer in my club into moving the scheduled tral run to a trail closer to me so I see running it more often in my future. Wednesday's run was rough. It was a warm night to run 6 miles. I walked a lot of mile 5, but was able to finish the last mile running. Thursday night's run went better than expected. I ran all of the almost 4 mile route. It's very hilly so I was excited even thought it was slower than I'd like. The after party at CM was a blast and while it's normally fun, it was a particularly good group. We ended up at TST to watch the hockey game, but truly just drank more beer over there. Me and a couple of other people ended up at the Penguin across the street for a late night dinner. I don't know why I thought fried pickles and black bean hummus were a good idea at midnight but I knew this morning at 7am that it was not a good idea. bleh!

I've really noticed that my hamstrings are incredibly tight. They're always tight, but lately there's a lot more resistance. I know I should stretch more, but it's just not fun. I've only been going to yoga once a week and even that hasn't been regularly. I'm planning to start going to a spin class once a week and I'm hoping that will help. I'm not sure I can break any personal records this summer if they don't loosen up.

So it's a 3 day weekend and my plans are a mixture of exercise, painting the last room in my condo and socializing. I plan to practice the Run for Peace course in the morning with a friend or two. I'm hoping it goes well but it's been a good 9 or 10 months since I've hit the trail. This could be ugly...

No comments: