Friday, May 1, 2009

Flu Masks and a Rainy Forecast

Sooo the weather in Cinci for Sunday couldn't be more promising! A low of 49 (6:30am start, so that will be the temp) and rain. Normally I would think it bites to spend a weekend day like that, but what better weather to run in?! That was the same scenario for my 19 mile run. My first 20 was rainy as well, but a bit warmer. So I'm prepared. It's actually the optimal conditions for me to PR!

If you don't count that I've been injured. As for the injuries, they've seriously subsided. I ran/walked 4.5 miles last night just to see how I'd feel. My only issue was the heavy amounts of pollen in the air! It did remind me to pack my proventil inhaler. Always good to breathe in a marathon.

A friend asked me if I'm nervous about my flight. She was alluding to the Swine Flu pandemic. Another friend recommended a mask. I'm not nervous about the flight. I've had the flu, how much worse can it be? I'm not going to wear a mask, unless they're passing them out at the airport. The I'd take it as a sign. I am taking hand sanitizer and plan to use it often.

I don't know how I'm going to feel at 5am Sunday, but at the moment, I'm looking forward to the race. I think it will be my best one yet!

No comments: