Saturday, November 15, 2008

TR Preview

Today I ran the course preview for the Thunder Road Half Marathon. I ran mostly with my friend Janea who I haven't run with in at least a year. She and her bf decided 3 weeks ago after finishing the Dowd half to do the full at TR. They want the special 39.3 medal that you get for running both. LOL!

My friends Julie and Kathleen ran it as well. Julie and I usually run together, but today she was hanging back. Kathleen ran most of the way with us until her knees gave out. Kathleen will be running her first full marathon as well. She was also sucked in by the special medal. Unbelievable that this marketing gimmick worked!

I remember the course being very hilly and tough, but today it seemed bearable. Then again I wasn't racing it. I'm leaning more towards not doing the race this year. I don't think I really want to push it on that course. It is a beautiful course, though. The houses in Eastover, Myers Park and Dilworth are so beautiful. The streets are tree lined and the leaves have all changed colors and they're almost bare. Everywhere you turn it looks like a Thomas Kincade picture.

After spending some time talking with my friends I went home to move everything out of my closet and bedroom. It was not fun. I have entirely too much stuff. I do go through it constantly and get rid of stuff, but it seems to be multiplying on its own! I have so many t-shirts at this point it's absurd. I don't know why I keep them. Why was that ever my motivation for running a race?!

Tomorrow I'm planning to do yoga in the morning, move my dressers (the last of it) and then watch the panthers play. If I can pull myself out of bed tomorrow!

l8r

No comments: